Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunshine When He's Gone

Somebody the other day asked me if I still feel in love with my husband because we spend so much of our time separate from each other. My answer was "everyday I feel more in love."

It's the small moments in my marriage that makes these days go by. A weekend at home with him, pictures sent from a phone, conversations on the day to day life we spend apart.

More importantly it comes down to not thinking about the time apart we spend and thinking about the future we have together. I understand that this is going to be a challenging time in our lives but we have years to spend together. So when I feel like giving up, crying out that it's all too much and sinking under the pain of separation, I think of the future years. Buying our first house, getting another dog, doing the dishes together.

I don't let this time in our lives determine my happiness. I will always hold my head high and look up to the sun. There is always sunshine to be found when he's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment